Saturday, April 20, 2013

Back To School

Yesterday, my mom, Nina and I made the journey to Idaho where I would begin my 2nd semester at BYU-Idaho. As you can see, I'm staying at the women's dorms this semester. I was sad to see my mom and my sister leave for home while I have to stay here to go to school. I will miss my family and wish that I were with them every time I think of them, but I have to remember what President Hinckley's father said to him when he was homesick while serving in England, "Forget yourself and go to work."

On this Saturday, rain began to fall. Earlier this afternoon, thunder came. When I was watching a movie with my new friends, I realized that I really love the sound of thunder. Maybe not the intense roaring, but the firmness that I heard. I was thrilled to hear thunder 'cause I hadn't heard it in a long time, not even here in Idaho. I love the sprinkling of rain and the sound of thunder. Somehow it cheers me up and motivates me to keep going.

3 comments:

Mama J said...

Caela,
You are AWESOME!!!
It was great to be with you and get you set up for school. I know that you are going to do great things. You are amazing and wonderful! Luv U!!! :D

Unknown said...

Cae,

You got this!! The best is yet to be!!! Get ready for a GREAT semester!! :D

Melina said...

Cae,

I loved this post! It reminds me about the importance of finding joy in the simple pleasure of life, of all the times I sat on the porch at home watching thunderstorms, and how much I love the smell of rain and chaparral. It warms my heart!

This is a quote I've been thinking about a lot lately: "She turned her cant's into cans, and her dreams into plans."

I love you and am so proud of you! Have a wonderful week!